The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board today announced 1- new appointments and six reappointments to its Standing Advisory Group for 2007.In May 2006, the board began soliciting nominations to fill the slots -- receiving more than 110 nominations and re-nominations. From that list, the board selected individuals with expertise in a variety of fields, including accounting, auditing, corporate finance, corporate governance, and investing in public companies.
Created in 2003 to assist the board in carrying out its standards-setting responsibilities for auditing, the group consists of 31 members. The new two-year terms will begin in January 2007.
New appointees include:
- Ernest F. Baugh Jr., national director of professional standards at Mayer Hoffman McCann PC in Chattanooga, Tenn.;
- David M. Becker, partner at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP in Washington;
- J. Richard Dietrich, professor of accounting and chair of the Department of Accounting & Management Information Systems at Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio;
- Howard J. Johnson, a retired CPA, formerly vice president of internal audit for Lowe's Companies Inc., of Ocean Isle Beach, N.C.;
- David M. Julian, executive vice president of Wachovia Corp. in Charlotte, N.C.;
- Michael P. McCauley, director of the Office of Corporate Governance and Investment Communications for the State Board of Administration of Florida, in Tallahassee, Fla.;
- Charles H. Noski, retired vice chairman of the board for AT&T Corp., of
Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.;
- Robert M. Tarola, senior vice president and chief financial officer of W.R. Grace & Co., in Columbia, Maryland;
- Wes Williams, executive-in-charge of the Assurance Professional Practice Group for Crowe Chizek and Co. LLC, in South Bend, Ind.; and,
- Christianna Wood, senior investment officer for Global Equity and the California Public Employees' Retirement System, in Sacramento.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access