FINANCIAL EDUCATOR LAUNCHES ADVOCACY PORTAL
Long Beach Calif. - In response to the results of a 10-year study on consumer financial issues and behavior, Financial Finesse, a provider of financial education programs to organizations, has launched a financial advocacy Web site at www.getfinancialfinesse.org.
Among the study's findings were:
* 86 percent of employees indicated they have no idea whether or not they are on track to retire comfortably.
* 73 percent are not sure if their portfolio's asset allocation is appropriate to their risk tolerance and time horizon.
* 53 percent lack a basic knowledge of stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
* 43 percent spend more than they make each month.
CAPCO STARTS WEALTH MANAGEMENT GROUP
New York - Consulting firm Capco has introduced a North American Wealth and Investment Management Group to help build the wealth and investment management capabilities of various types of financial firms. The group will provide consulting services and solutions in areas such as wealth management, investment management, investor services, and more. For more, visit www.capco.com.
KURTZ TO LEAD FPA
Denver - The Financial Planning Association has named Martin Kurtz as its next president, to succeed Tom Potts on Jan. 1, 2011. Kurtz is president of The Planning Center Inc., in Moline, Ill., and has been chair of the Board of Professional Review for the CFP Board of Standards.
The FPA has also elected four new board members for three-year terms: Edward W. Gjertsen, Vern C. Hayden, Christopher Rand and Janet A. Stanzak.
CFP BOARD ADDS 3 MEMBERS
Washington, D.C. - The Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards has appointed three new members to its board for four-year terms: Susan R. Meisinger, Richard P. Rojeck and Richard Sincere. The selection of three members increases the size of the board from 13 to 14.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access