The Internal Revenue Service today announced that interest rates will stay the same for the quarter beginning Apr. 1, 2013.
The rates will be:
- Three (3) percent for overpayments (2 percent in the case of a corporation);
- Three (3) percent for underpayments;
- Five (5) percent for large corporate underpayments; and,
- One-half (0.5) percent for the portion of a corporate overpayment exceeding $10,000.
The interest rate is determined on a quarterly basis. For taxpayers other than corporations, the overpayment and underpayment rate is the federal short-term rate plus 3 percentage points.
The Q2 interest rates were computed from the federal short-term rate determined during January 2013 to take effect Feb. 1, 2013, based on daily compounding.
Revenue Ruling 2013-6 will appear in Internal Revenue Bulletin 2013-13, dated March 25, 2013.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access