Rainmaker names outstanding accountants
The Rainmaker Companies recognized a number of accountants and accounting firms for excellence at their annual SuperConference, held in Indianapolis May 31-June 2.
Worthington, Ohio-based Whalen & Co. CPAs received the Best 5-Star Client Service Initiative Award, while its co-managing partner, Lisa Shuneson, was separately named Enterprise Worldwide Member of the Year.
Greg Wank, of New York City-based Top 100 Firm Anchin, was named Practice Growth Leader of the Year for his work with the firm’s food practice.
Rainmaker also recognized a number of individuals from its individual niche groups:
- Ira Silver of Miami-based Top 100 Firm MBAF was posthumously named Auto Dealer CPAs Member of the Year;
- Mark Cummings of St. Louis-based Cummings Ristau & Associates PC was named Banking CPAs Member of the Year;
- Hal “Buzz” Coons of Birmingham, Alabama-based Pearce, Bevill, Leesburg, Moore PC, was named HCAA Member of the Year;
- Karen Burns, of Pleasanton, California-based Sensiba San Filippo LLP, was named Manufacturing CPAs Member of the Year;
- Susan Krantz, of Beachwood, Ohio-based Zinner & Co. LLP, was named Nonprofit CPAs Member of the Year; and,
- Peter Ryan, of Ryan & Wetmore the Washington, D.C., area, was named Real Estate & Construction CPAs Member of the Year.