RSM gifts $90K to staff for 3rd annual 'Pursue Your Passion' program
Top 100 Firm RSM US announced this week that it awarded nine staff members across the country $10,000 each, along with nine paid-time-off days, to help them focus on their personal lives via the firm’s third annual "Pursue Your Passion" program.
Started in 2016 to honor the firm's 90th anniversary, Pursue Your Passion annually selects a group of ambitious winners via a team comprising staff members and partners.
“At RSM, we understand the importance of helping our people achieve both their professional and personal goals,” stated Doug Opheim, CFO and chairman of the RSM US Foundation. “Our Pursue Your Passion program gives nine employees the opportunity each year to do just that. We are humbled each year by the caring nature our people display through their Pursue Your Passion projects, and we look forward to hearing our winners’ stories as they complete their activities throughout the year.”
RSM’s 2018 Pursue Your Passion winners and their activities are as follows:
- Matt Dollard (director, Great Lakes region) – Create hand-made furniture by studying alongside a master in a chair-making class to gain new skills and share his knowledge with others.
- Chris Guido (client account manager, Northeast region) – Assist his local elementary school in promoting STEM classes by creating a space for children to solve problems, invent and be creative.
- Joy Herrmann (assurance manager, Northeast region) – Travel with Living Water International to bring clean water to people in need in Honduras and teach proper sanitation techniques.
- Mary Clare Kaiser (marketing associate, Central region) – Provide her uncle with ALS a speech-generating device so he can better communicate with his family, in addition to raising funds through “Walk to Beat ALS.”
- Andrew Leonard (senior director, Central region) – Travel to a developing country to meet one of many underprivileged children he has sponsored and provide additional funds for others in the area.
- Devon Maslyn (associate, West region) – Bike the Camino de Santiago, a network of trails in Spain, with his father to honor his mother who passed away from cancer.
- Jacob Morse (associate, Central region) – Provide financial support time to Hope for Young Adults with Cancer and First Descents to help young adults with cancer.
- Bryan O’Neal (supervisor, Great Lakes region) – Assist a local nonprofit that provides affordable accommodations for families of patients receiving medical care by donating a new playroom with furniture, toys and games.
- Megan Reishus (associate, Central region) – Play hand bells and purchase equipment for her ensemble, as well as have the team share its music with others.
For more on RSM, head to their site here.