SAP AG has released feature pack 2.6 for the SAP Business ByDesign system, which includes the first version of the software development kit, SAP Business ByDesign studio, to enable partners to create add-on software.
The new release serves as an open platform on which partners can further customize the software. SAP will develop new on-demand offerings for various lines of business.
New features include usability enhancements, support for additional mobile devices, and on-demand integration of subsidiary operations into on-premise installations.
“With feature pack 2.6, we are not only delivering additional value to our customers, but are also providing new opportunities for co-innovation to our partners,” said SAP executive vice president of on demand Peter Lorenz. “As we have now moved to a cycle of delivering a new feature pack every six months, the next big step in our SAP Business ByDesign roadmap will be the general availability of feature pack 3.0 in August.”
The latest version of SAP Business ByDesign also delivers several additional enhancements, including:
• Integration for subsidiaries, which offers integration for financial consolidation to help companies deal with the growing level of global financial reporting standards such as and International Financial Reporting Standards, and multiple currencies at the subsidiary and transaction currency level;
• The ability for the product to serve as the platform for other SAP line-of-business offerings for large enterprises, including the SAP Sales OnDemand system, planned for launch in the first half of 2011;
• Extended mobile support to the Apple iPad tablet and RIM BlackBerry smart phones; and,
• A dashboard application that provides worksheets to arrange and organize reports, as well as annotations, notes, e-mail and voice notes for collaboration.
For more information, visit www.sap.com.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access