* BILLS INTRODUCED TO FORM NEW TAX REFORM COMMISSION: In the wake of a failed effort to push through a permanent repeal of the estate tax, two Republican congressman have introduced companion bills to form a new "Securing America's Future Economy Commission."The 15-member commission would have the ability to reform tax policy and entitlement benefit programs, and function similarly to the military base closing commission - with proposed legislative packages receiving an up-or-down vote from Congress. The president or the budget committee of either house of Congress would be able to submit alternatives.
In the bill from Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va., the commission is charged with developing legislation to address four key issues:
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access