* COUGAR MOUNTAIN RELEASES SHIPPING SOLUTION: Nonprofit and point-of-sale software provider Cougar Mountain has released new shipping software called CMShip.
Integrating directly into Cougar Mountain software, the CMShip product pulls client information from order entry modules and subsequently transfers it to shipping programs such as FedEx and UPS. Through CMShip, the invoice number is printed on the shipping label, so mailing costs are entered back into Cougar Mountain's data entry and billed appropriately.
According to Cougar Mountain Software chief operating officer Jim Stone, CMShip increases productivity "by eliminating repetitive shipping practices that often plague companies that ship high volumes of product."
For more information on CMShip, visit www.cougarmtn.com.
* THREE NAMED TO MBS INNER CIRCLE: Microsoft Business Solutions has named three reseller partners to its prestigious Inner Circle. Membership in the MBS Inner Circle is predicated upon customer satisfaction levels, product development and sales performance. For the sixth consecutive year, Basking Ridge, N.J.-based Altara has been feted with inclusion in the Inner Circle. Also named this year for the sixth year was Norcross, Ga.-based I.B.I.S. Edmonton, Alberta-based financial and nonprofit software publisher Serenic was also awarded Inner Circle membership.
* BLACKBAUD ANNOUNCES Q2 RESULTS: Buoyed by double-digit increases in license and subscription revenue, nonprofit software provider Blackbaud Inc. posted second-quarter profits of $8.5 million, compared with $5.3 million for the same period last year.
System-wide revenue for the second period rose 20 percent, to $42.8 million, versus the second quarter in 2004. The company also said that license revenue rose 14 percent, to $8.3 million, while services revenue jumped 27 percent, to $14.1 million. Maintenance and subscription revenue rose 18 percent, to $19.1 million. In addition, the company's board reinstituted its stock buyback plan, approving the repurchase of up to $35 million in stock.
* SALES RESEARCH PROVIDER JOINS SAGE REFERRAL NETWORK: Industry research company First Research Inc. announced an alliance with Sage Software that will allow accountants and other businesses in Sage Software's referral service program to receive a discount on First Research's products. First Research also joined Sage Software's Accountants Network, which offers resources to increase technical competence and help grow an accountant's practice by providing resources, product discounts and membership benefits related to the Sage Software family of products.
The referral program, "Saving Money with Sage," is a service provided to enhance the purchasing power of Sage Software's more than 10,000 business partners. Businesses participating in the program are eligible to receive First Research annual subscriptions at a discount.
First Research arms sales teams with targeted studies to help engage sales prospects. Annual subscriptions include unlimited access to over 170 industry profiles; call prep sheets, one-page executive summaries; targeted e-mail alerts; and state profiles that provide an overview of economic issues affecting business.
* INTACCT EXPANDS WORKFORCE AND MOVES HEADQUARTERS: Intacct Corp., an on-demand enterprise resource planning software provider, announced that its corporate headquarters have moved from Los Gatos, Calif., to downtown San Jose to accommodate their doubling workforce. Intacct said in a statement that the move reflects strong financial results for the year ending June 30.
The enterprise resource planning provider is increasing the number of employees at its San Jose facility, which houses engineering, sales, marketing, professional services and executive management, and is also expanding its operations at Intacct Software Pvt Ltd. in Bangalore, India, where it launched its ERP software earlier this month.
Intacct delivers on-demand financial, supply chain, professional services automation and business analytics software to midsized and large corporations for a monthly fee. Intacct is a private company funded by Deloitte & Touche, Goldman Sachs, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners and JK&B Capital.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access