* INTUIT LAUNCHES TAX RESEARCH SITE: Intuit has launched an online tax research Web site called TaxAlmanac, in which it is enabling practitioners to post questions and answers.
Although the beta site has links to government Web pages, most of its content will come from users, according to an Intuit spokesperson. The site, www.taxalmanac.com, is built on a concept similar to Wikipedia, a Web-based free-content encyclopedia to which users can submit articles. "As the content builds up, you can do a search," the spokesperson said. TaxAlmanac is free and Intuit has no plans to charge for access.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access