PDI Global, which is part of the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters, has released its 2011-2012 Tax Planning Guide.
The latest edition of the annual client tax guide incorporates recent U.S. tax legislation to help professionals in the financial services sector inform clients and other taxpayers about important tax law changes and practical tax strategies. The personalized guide also helps tax professionals market themselves as value-added thought leaders, strengthen existing client relationships, and promote their firm to prospective clients.
The guide has been updated for the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 and other recent tax legislation. “What’s new!” sidebars focus on key features of the Act, such as:
• Enhanced bonus depreciation for businesses;
• The 100 percent exclusion for certain qualified small-business stock; and
• Estate tax exemption portability.
In addition, the guide contains charts of various tax rates and limits, as well as case studies illustrating how taxpayers can use various tax strategies. The content is organized into categories, such as investing, family and education, and charitable giving, to make it easier to access information on specific topics.
“As competition for tax clients intensifies, tax professionals in accounting firms, law firms, banks, insurance companies, trust offices, and financial planning businesses are looking for ways to differentiate themselves from competitors,” said Linda Kranz, director of PDI Global Operations at Thomson Reuters. “The PDI Global Tax Planning Guide is designed to do exactly this.”
PDI Global’s Tax Planning Guide offers a choice of three formats: online, email and print:
• The online version, WebTaxGuide, is automatically updated for relevant tax law changes. The guide is accessed through a button on the provider’s Web site, which opens to a personalized splash page branded with the provider’s logo and links to specific sections of the guide.
• The email Flex-E-guide option provides a trackable email distribution system that enables service providers to send out a template that links to the various sections of WebTaxGuide, providing access to information on specific tax subjects. Providers can customize Flex-E-guide’s HTML template with their business names, logos and personalized messages.
• The print version offers service providers a choice of content for different audiences. The Classic edition is geared to the tax needs of small business owners, privately held companies, self-employed, and individual taxpayers. The Executive content is aimed at high net-worth taxpayers.
The print guide can also be branded with a firm’s logo and personalized with other information, such as a welcome message, a tax calendar, or partner photos and biographies.
For more information, visit www.pdiglobal.com or call (800) 227-0498.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access