TXCPA honors 2019 'Rising Stars'
The Texas Society of CPAs announced that 20 local CPAs have been honored as 2019 Rising Star honorees.
The annual recognition highlights CPAs in the state who are under 40 years old and have demonstrated "innovative leadership qualities," in both the accounting profession and their local communities. A panel of independent judges selects TXCPA members for the Rising Star recognition.
The 2019 Rising Stars will be honored during a luncheon on June 21 at TXCPA’s Annual Meeting of Members. 2019 Rising Star honorees include:
- Jessica Lopez – All Web Leads Inc. (Austin)
- Omolara Akinboye – Durbin Bennett Tax Advisors Inc. (Austin)
- Caitlin Chupe – Collier Johnson & Woods (Corpus Christi)
- Brett Morrison – Jennings Hawley & Co. (Corpus Christi)
- Lucy Turek – BKM Sowan Horan (Dallas)
- Heather Sanders – Henry & Peters (Tyler)
- Adrian Brito – Lauterbach Borschow & Company (El Paso)
- Megan Terrell – CliftonLarsonAllen (Fort Worth)
- Rachel Glasser – Stovall Grandey & Allen (Fort Worth)
- Phillip Hernandez – BKD (Fort Worth)
- Stephanie Buduhan – PSK (Arlington)
- Marianne Barry – Cook Children’s Health Care System (Fort Worth)
- Stephanie Shaner – Averett Financial (Fort Worth)
- Ruben Yeriazarian – Briggs & Veselka Co. (Houston)
- Robert Allen – The Allen CPA Firm (Houston)
- Nina Perez – Briggs & Veselka Co. (Houston)
- Laura Mardis – LaPorte CPAs & Business Advisors (Houston)
- Kathryn Devey – Johnson Miller & Co. CPAs (Midland)
- Chad Valentine – Weaver and Tidwell (Midland)
- Lauren Seaux – Signature Group (Port Neches)
For more on the TXCPA, head to the society's site here.