Wolters Kluwer, CCH announced the launch of its new CCH Apportionment Suite, which tax professionals can use to determine apportionment, proper sourcing of items, and final calculation of state apportionment percentages.
Especially useful for corporations with multi-location business operations as there are substantial differences in how corporate income is apportioned by state, the solution provides state-by-state appointment rules so users can effectively plan and meet compliance obligations.
“Recent developments and the overall complexity surrounding apportionment planning and calculations across multiple jurisdictions creates a formidable challenge for even the most seasoned corporate tax professional,” stated Jennifer Lowe, Wolters Kluwer, CCH’s editorial director for research and learning. “The CCH Apportionment Suite has been designed to keep practitioners in step with the ever-changing legal landscape of apportionment — making sure professionals and businesses effectively plan for the future while at the same time meeting compliance obligations.”
The Apportionment Suite’s features include:
- An A-Line-D (“aligned”) tool designed for C-corporation appointment schedules including those related to combined reporting so users can link to the CCH explanations relating to a specified line of an appointment schedule by selecting the year, schedule/form and line number.
- Access to CCH Apportionment Planner, an interactive planning tool providing apportionment percentages using the standard apportionment formula or any special one for manufacturers, as well as research links to explanations in the company’s Multistate Corporate Income Tax Guide.
- Mobile access via CCH Mobile apps, which provide fast answers and in-depth research.
- Integration with the more than 140 CCH Smart Charts that are available and links to specific, updated state tax information and answers.
More information on the new CCH Apportionment Suite is available here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access