Wolters Kluwer inducts emerging leaders
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting North America introduced its 2018 set of Emerging Leaders on Wednesday at the CCH Connections user conference in Miami Beach.
The Emerging Leaders Program, which is currently in its sixth year, lets tax and accounting firms nominate a rising star who shows attributes such as technical competency, exceptional communication skills, strong client service behavior, forward thinking abilities, reliability, trustworthiness, community activism and mentorship.
The Emerging Leaders participated in an education program track at the conference to help them grow as professionals, better manage their area of responsibility within their businesses, and rise as leaders within their firms.
“Each year, the Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting Emerging Leaders inductees illustrate how firms can position themselves for future success,” said Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting North America CEO Jason Marx, in a statement. “We’re proud to offer this professional development opportunity for the profession’s future leaders.”
Listed in alphabetical order, the 2018 Emerging Leaders Program inductees are:
- Christopher Aguilar, senior staff accountant at Robert C. Alario, CPA, P.C. is responsible for the orientation and training of all the new employees the firm.
- Caroline Brassard, staff accountant at Bonanno, Savino, Davies & Ganley, P.C. is involved in community fundraising programs including annual walks to support uterine and breast cancer foundations and the telethon for Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Matthew Dean, CPA, audit manager at Hantzmon Wiebel, LLP, plays a significant role in evaluating and implementing new software technology and training staff.
- Joseph H. Doerrer, CPA, /PFS, CFP, MST, senior tax associate/assistant vice president at Bessemer Trust, is recognized for exemplary achievement in personal financial planning.
- Hugo Galindo, CPA, senior accountant at Tobin & Collins CPA, participates in charitable organizations focused on improving people’s financial well-being.
- Nathaniel Newburg, CPA, supervisor in Newburg & Company’s Tax Department, mentors new staff and shares his experience and industry knowledge with all level of staff.
- Brittany O’Mara, CPA at T.M. Byxbee Company, P.C, embraces technology and acts as a role model for other staff.
- Christopher Pagluica, accounting director at Goldglit & Company LLP, has grown in his ability to work with co-workers, including mentoring new staff and communicating with clients.
- Kali Patterson, audit manager at Kerber, Eck & Braeckel LLP, is a committee member and volunteer for American Heart Association, Passion Committee.
- Michael Romaniello, IT manager and accountant at Lenkowski Lonergan & Co., LLP, participates in the local Chamber of Commerce and their Young Professionals group.
- Vanessa Wallace, senior accountant at Eric P. Wallace, LLC, provides expertise to CPA firms, writing continuous education and website development for CPA firms.
- Kyle Woiwood, tax manager at LWBJ, provides tax compliance and consulting services to clients and is the current treasurer for a local nonprofit.