Striving to be future leaders in the accounting profession, 37 applicants recently graduated from AICPA's2014 Leadership Academy- an intensive, four-day program held in Durham, N.C. that looks to inspire and connect CPA leaders to professional networks and opportunities.
The Leadership Academy offers participants advanced leadership training and access to professional networks. Graduating its sixth class, the Academy has seen almost 200 CPA's participate in the program.
“My experience at Leadership Academy impressed upon me that there is no one correct path’ to becoming a successful leader,” said Jessica Cormier, supervisor, Horne LLP and 2014 Leadership Academy Graduate, in a statement. “Rather, I learned how to identify the unique qualities I possess and how to channel those strengths to enhance my team, my firm, and my profession.”
100 candidates were recommended for the 2014 class by state CPA societies, employers, or both, and included representatives from numerous states, as well as the U.S. Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands. Attendees, with an average age of 30, were selected from firms of all sizes, education, and industry.
For more information on the Leadership Academy, and details on the 2015 application, head to the program's websitehere.
The 2014 graduates are listed and pictured below:
- David Almonte, LGC&D, Providence, RI
- Bryan Carpenter, LevitZacks, San Diego, Calif.
- Jessica Cormier, Horne LLP, Baton Rouge, La.
- Roseleen Dello Russo, Rucci, Bardaro & Falzone PC, Malden, Mass.
- Kenneth DeSouza, Ernst & Young, Nashville, Tenn.
- Marisa Doras, Department of Education, St. Thomas, Va.
- Julian Dozier, Thomas Howell Ferguson, PA, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Lacy Ferguson, Sound Transit, Seattle, Wash.
- Robyn Fuller, General Motors Finance, Detroit, Mich.
- Melisa Galasso, Cherry Bekaert LLP, Charlotte, N.C.
- John Gleason, Grant Thornton LLP, Boston, Mass.
- Hillary Harding, Excelsior College, Albany, N.Y.
- Alexis Hassell, PricewaterhouseCoopers, New York, N.Y.
- Kristin Howard, Palazzo & Company LLC, Biloxi, Miss.
- Michelle Kaneshiro, MW Group, Ltd., Honolulu, Hawaii
- Douglas Kauffman, Douglas C Kauffman, CPA, Lancaster, Pa.
- Kevin Koven, L.M. Henderson & Company, LLP, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Brian Loose, Diel & Forguson, LLC, O’Fallon, Ill.
- Patrick Lytle, SM Energy Company, Denver, Colo.
- Robert Maya, Kaufman Rossin, Co., Miami, Fla.
- Katherine McNair, O’Connor Davies, LLP, Wethersfield, Conn.
- Eboni Moss, Berkowitz Pollack Brant, Miami, Fla.
- Jenny Ng, Gray, Blodgett & Company, Norman, Okla.
- Stephanie Pickering, McGee, Hearne & Paiz, LLP, Cheyenne, Wyo.
- Allen Pierce, Frost, PLLC, Fayetteville, Ariz.
- Aaron Saito, Intel Corporation, Hillsboro, Ore.
- Katherine Sedgwick, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Dallas, Texas
- David Shibli, KPMG, George Town, Grand Cayman
- William Titera, Apollo Global Inc., Phoenix, Ariz.
- Christopher Tkach, RubinBrown, St. Louis, Mo.
- Melanie Tuttle, Tuttle & McCullough, PA, Lenexa, Kan.
- Alison VanOtterloo, Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company, Algona, Iowa
- Kelly Ward, Robinson & Associates, PC, Fairbanks, Ark.
- Ryan Warren, BerryDunn, Manchester, N.H.
- Andrew Welfle, Payne Nickles & Company, Norwalk, Ohio
- Christopher Wittich, Boyum & Barenscheer, PLLP, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Jamie Wohlert, Navigant Consulting, Arlington, Va.