The AICPA announced their 2015 Leadership Academy graduating class on Thursday. The 37 future leaders of the profession participated in an intensive four-day program in Durham, N.C., which ended last week.
This year’s class discussed vital issues facing the profession at the retreat, as well as participating in leadership development sessions with some of the profession’s leaders, including 2014-15 AICPA chair Tommye Barie and Barry Melancon, the Institute’s current president and CEO.
“Leadership Academy is a commitment from the AICPA to develop the next generation of CPAs to lead the profession and ensure that it continues to thrive," said Tommye Barie, AICPA chair, in a statement. "This year’s class is an extremely talented and diverse group that will continue to make impressive contributions to the accounting profession for years to come.”
The full 2015 Leadership Academy class is listed below (in alphabetical order):
- Diego Baca - EY, LLP, Denver, CO
- Renee Bardenwerper - Winter, Kloman, Moter & Repp, S.C., Oconomowoc, WI
- Andrew Beyeler - Lenhart, Mason & Associates, LLC, Casper, WY
- Caleb Bullock - Somerset CPAs, P.C., Indianapolis, IN
- Alex Bybee - High Rock Accounting, Reno, NV
- Ryan Corbett - Intuit, Inc. San Diego, CA
- Rod Dooley Jr. - Dooley and Company, LLC, Lexington, SC
- Adam Dubuque - Johnson Lambert LLP, Burlington, VT
- Bridget Duzzie - PwC LLP, Denver, CO
- Cheryl Exline - Arnett Carbis Toothman LLP, Charleston, WV
- Rodalyn May Gerardo - Office of Public Accountability, Guam, Hagatna, Guam
- Nathaniel Goldman - PwC LLP, Atlanta, GA
- Louis Griego - Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM
- Jason Hardy - Grossman Yanak & Ford LLP, Pittsburgh, PA
- Kimberly Hardy - Matthews, Cutrer & Lindsay, Ridgeland, MS
- Elizabeth Hazi - Brooksdale Senior Living, Milwaukee, WI
- Kari Hipsak - Anchin, Block & Anchin, LLP, New York, NY
- Angela Ho - Northfield Bank, Woodbridge, NJ
- Mitzi Hollenbeck - Sharkansky LLP, Brockton, MA
- Thomas Huling - Thomas, Head & Greisen, PC, Anchorage, AK
- Tim Jipping - Plante & Moran, PLLC, Chicago, IL
- Corey King - KPMG, LLP, Nashville, TN
- Kristin Mack - Mack Accounting Services, PLLC, Redmond, WA
- Joan Monaghan - Eagle County Government, Eagle, CO
- Gary Mornhinweg - Cheyenne Petroleum Company, Oklahoma City, OK
- Katharine O’Sullivan - BerryDunn CPAs and Consultants, Manchester, NH
- Aaron Olson - T.P. Anderson & Company, P.C., Humboldt, IA
- Remi Omisore - CliftonLarsonAllen LLP, Timonium, MD
- Jeff Paesl - Lutz and Company, PC, Omaha, NE
- Joanna Purtell - United Technologies Corporation, Farmington, CT
- Jessica Satterfield - Incite Rehab, LLC, Conway, AR
- Nuria Seijas - Allegiance Bank, Houston, TX
- Jonathan Simon - Regions Bank, Birmingham, AL
- Lindsay Stevenson - 1st Financial Bank USA, Dakota Dunes, SD
- Aaron Thacker - Tanner LLC, Salt Lake City, UT
- Brian Vnak - Wealth Enhancement Group, Minneapolis, MN
- Maria Young - Radix Accounting, Portland, OR
This year's group is the seventh Leadership Academy class, marking more than 200 graduates since the Academy's inception.
The AICPA selected the 2015 candidates based on recommendations by their employers, state CPA societies or both. Participants were selected from public accounting firms of all sizes, business and industry, education and government. The average age of the attendees was 31.
Candidates submitted resumes which included work history, licensure information, professional volunteer activities, community service and awards and honors. Candidates also supplied a statement explaining why participating in the Leadership Academy would be important to them personally.
“One of the things that drew me to apply to Leadership Academy was the opportunity to network and learn from some of the best and brightest people in the profession,” stated Tim Jipping, a 2015 Leadership Academy graduate. “Over the course of four days, I saw people really connecting, developing trust with each other and coming together as a group.”
Details for the 2016 Leadership Academy will be available online in early 2016.
For more information on the Leadership Academy, head to the AICPA's site here.