On Monday morning, the AICPA announced the 2015 schedule for the annual National Conference on Banks and Savings Institutes.
The Conference will be held Monday, Sept. 16 through Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2015 at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in National Harbor, Md.
- FASB Board Member Lawrence Smith will give updates on FASB projects, including the financial instruments project
- SEC Chief Accountant James Schnurr will offer perspective about key developments and their impact on financial institutions, registrants and auditors
- Federal Reserve Board, FDIC and OCC Chief Accountants will discuss recent releases, as well as current and upcoming projects.
- PCAOB official Glenn Tempro and Barbara Vanich will discuss exposure drafts and common inspection report findings applicable to financial institution audits
- Fannie Mae Chief Economist Douglas Duncan evaluates economic and housing outlook
Other speakers include:
Stephanie Ciboroski - senior assistant chief accountant, Division of Corporation Finance, SEC, Washington, D.C.
John Nolan - senior assistant chief accountant, SEC, Washington, D.C.
FDIC, Federal Reserve Board and OCC:
Steven Merriett - chief accountant, Federal Reserve Board, Washington, D.C.
Robert Storch - chief accountant, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Washington, D.C.
Louis (Rusty) Thompson - acting deputy comptroller and chief accountant, Office of Comptroller of the Currency, Dallas, Texas
Jeffrey Geer - associate chief accountant, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Washington, D.C.
Arthur Lindo - senior associate director, Division of Banking Supervision and Regulation, Federal Reserve Board, Washington, D.C.
Matthew Kincaid - senior accounting policy analyst, Federal Reserve Board of Governors, Washington, D.C.
For more information or to register, head to the event's site here.