The AICPA has honored 32 CPAs, ages 40 and under, for their contributions to the areas of forensic accounting and business valuation with the first annual Standing Ovation Recognition Program, which recognizes the best young CPAs in various specialty credential areas.
The up-and-coming CPAs were honored at the first day of the AICPA's Forensic & Valuation Services (FVS) Conference in Las Vegas on Sunday.
The Standing Ovation program looks to recognize young CPAs who exhibit outstanding professional achievement in specialization areas. Requirements for nomination for the Standing Ovation program in the FVS specialty area include maintaining an active CPA license, being an AICPA member in good standing, and holding the CFF and/or ABV credential. Nominees must also be 40 years old or younger.
“The AICPA created the Standing Ovation program to recognize the rising stars who have gone above and beyond in the specialty areas,” stated Jeannette Koger, AICPA's vice president of member specialization and credentialing. “These accomplished young professionals in the areas of forensic accounting and business valuation are well on their way to becoming leaders in our profession.”
The list of FVS Standing Ovation recipients are listed below in alphabetical order:
- Jamila Abston - U.S. SEC, Atlanta, GA
- Travis Armstrong - Hemming Morse, LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Tim Bryan - Crowe Horwath, LLP, Sacramento, CA
- Jeffrey Buchakjian - EisnerAmper, Philadelphia, PA
- Brian Chmiel - Crowe Horwath, LLP, Chicago, IL
- Anna Cicirello - KPMG, LLP, Toronto, Ontario
- Jonathan Couchman - Veris Consulting, Inc., Reston, VA
- Timothy Cowley - Puckett, Clement and Schellenberg, P.C., Troy, MI
- Randie Dial - CliftonLarsonAllen, Indianapolis, IN
- Michael Fahlman - Berkely Research Group, Phoenix, AZ
- Nathan Fan - Hemming Morse, LLP, Los Angeles, CA
- Rachel Flaskey - Baker Tilly, Minneapolis, MN
- Carleen Gaskin - WithumSmith+Brown, PC, Paramus, NJ
- Luke Houston - Rocky Mountain Advisory, Salt Lake City, UT
- Robert King, Jr. - The Koerber Company, P.A., Hattiesburg, MS
- David Kirk - Baker Tilly, Dallas, TX
- Adam Lang - BerkowitzPollackBrant, Miami, FL
- Ethan Lee - Pacific Business Valuation, Honolulu, HI
- Nicole Lyons - WithumSmith+Brown, PC, Princeton, NJ
- Jason MacMorran - Postlewaite & Netterville, Baton Rouge, LA
- Shaun Maloney - EisnerAmper, Frelin, NJ
- Robert Mundy - Pershing Yoakley & Associates, Atlanta, GA
- Phillip Nathan - FTI Consulting, Washington, D.C.
- Natasha Novikov - FBI, Maitland, FL
- Jennifer Prager - Morones Analytics, LLC, Portland, OR
- Jack Schwager - FTI Consulting, Chicago, IL
- Amanda Sexton - Albrecht, Viggiano, Zureck and Co., Hauppauge, NY
- Tatyana Shtyrkova - Hemming Morse, LLP, San Francisco, CA
- Sameera Totagamuwa - CliftonLarson Allen, West DesMoines, IA
- Paul Weisinger - Walthall CPAs, Cleveland, OH
- Nicole Wells - FTI Consulting, Chicago, IL
- Jason Woon - KPMG, LLP, Seattle, WA
In addition to business valuation and forensic accounting, the Standing Ovation program recognizes young CPAs who exhibit exemplary professional achievement in personal financial planning and information management and technology assurance. The nomination period for personal financial planning and information management and technology assurance are currently open.
Business partners or managers are encouraged to submit applications on behalf of nominees, and applicants also are permitted to self-nominate with an accompanying letter of recommendation from a partner or manager.
For more information, head to the AICPA's site here.