The AICPA will be offering a webinar on cybersecurity governance and business risks this Friday, aimed to give professionals a better understanding of the various governance challenges and business risks cybersecurity poses for executives, board members and their advisors.
The discussion will focus on "managing cybersecurity risks in a cost-effective manner, while taking advantage of evolving, technology-driven business opportunities on behalf of organizations and clients."
The “Cybersecurity: A Governance and Audit Committee Perspective” webinar is set for 1-2 pm, ET on Friday, February 26, 2016.
Featured speakers will include:
- Bruce Sussman, global executive for AIG’s Risk and Control Services and co-chair of the AICPA’s Information Management and Technology Assurance section’s cybersecurity task force.
- Joel Lanz, founder and principal of Joel Lanz, CPA, P.C. - a niche CPA practice focusing on technology governance, risk management, IT audit, cyber and information security and computer facilitated fraud. Lanz is also chairman of the AICPA’s Information Management and Technology Assurance executive committee and a reference member (non-voting) of a $1.2 billion non-profit audit committee.
Participants will learn how to:
- Better understand the difference between information security and cybersecurity
- Identify cyber threats and security controls from within their organization or their client's organization
- Articulate why cybersecurity is a business problem and not just an IT problem
- Utilize the NIST Cybersecurity Framework to better manage cybersecurity risk
For more information on the webinar, or to sign up, head to the AICPA's site here.