BDO USA recently completed its third annual "Week of Service" that positively affects communities nationwide. During the week, BDO staff volunteered more than 3,000 hours of their time and was able to raise or donate almost $28,000 to worthy causes, impacting almost 10,000 people. The Week of Service is part of BDO USA's "BDO Counts" initiative, an ongoing community outreach program that sees BDO professionals give back to the communities in which BDO does business.
BDO staff volunteered in the following ways:
- Volunteered at local food banks and soup kitchens
- Beautified communities by cleaning up public parks, a beachfront, a neighborhood, and wildlife refuge
- Volunteered at schools and after-school programs
- Raised funds for health-related causes through 5K runs, walks, charity bowl-a-thons and other tournaments
- Supported veterans and made care packages for soldiers
"We are proud to report that we surpassed virtually all of last year's numbers with more volunteers participating, total hours spent volunteering and money raised for worthy causes," said BDO counts task force chair Mike Soza in a statement. "While these statistics are powerful, they only scratch the surface in illustrating the impact BDO has made and continues to make in the communities it serves around the country," "As a firm, we are very active in community service and charitable causes throughout the year. We created the Week of Service as an opportunity for even more BDO professionals to get involved in worthwhile causes. I'd like to thank everyone who rolled up their sleeves and participated."
For an infographic on BDO's "Week of Service" results, head to BDO's site here.