Since 2003, the Long island Fight for Charity has featured business professionals who want to give back to their community in a unique way.
Fight for Charity is the only event of its type, in which businesspeople step into the boxing ring to fight in order to sustain important charity programs. This year the goal is to raise over $200,000 and attract over 1,200 people to the 12th Main Event. To date, Fight for Charity has donated nearly $1 million to Long Island charities.
The mission of Long Island Fight for Charity is to raise funds for the Long Island Community Chest (LICC), The Genesis School and the National Foundation for Human Potential and other charities. LICC is a nonprofit organization charged with helping families that are struggling to overcome life’s challenges.
The following successful professionals from the financial service sector are in training and will don boxing gloves and fight in the LIFFC 12th Main Event on Monday, November 23, 2015:
- Vincent “Stringbean” Accardi - director of Seawolves United at Stony Brook University
- Andrew “Timeless Classic” Nerone - U.S. managing principal at Paladin Solutions Group
- Rhonda “Master of Financial Disaster” Klch - president of Equity Frist USA
- Michael “All Business” Dellaquila - financial consultant at Diversified Wealth
- Todd “King of the Ring” Ringler - president at Calm Waters Consulting
- Luis “Wild Card” Batres - audit associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
These boxers are among 26 volunteer boxers who are members of a courageous group of volunteers who will step out of their everyday roles to step in the boxing ring to support their Long Island neighbors who are struggling with overwhelming challenges.
For more information on sponsorships or to purchase 12th Main Event tickets, visit the Fight for Charity's site here. (The Main Event match will be streaming-live on the internet via Pay-Per-View.)