Thomson Reuters has announced the winners of their second annual Taxologist Awards - a program that recognizes exceptional tax departments and professionals who impact their firms through tax technology.
“In our constantly-changing global tax landscape, the Taxologist Awards winners have proven their value by using technology to transform the efficiency and impact of their departments,” stated Joe Harpaz, managing director for the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters. “With the Taxologist Awards, we’re proud to recognize the most outstanding of those efforts and the professionals who achieved them.”
The winners of the Taxologist Awards were announced at SYNERGY 2015 — the conference Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE tax technology users — on Nov. 10 in Orlando. The Taxologist of the Year - Corporation winner, Sarah Vance, US tax director, Cummins Inc., was also honored with a $10,000 donation made on her behalf to the school of her choice to benefit the school’s technology-related initiatives.
The Taxologist Awards winners are as follows:
Taxologist of the Year - Corporation
- Sarah Vance, US Tax Director, Cummins Inc.
Taxologist of the Year - Certified Implementer
- Assaf Keshavjee, Director, Deloitte
Innovative Tax Department of the Year
- Andrean Williams, Senior Tax Manager, AMETEK, Inc.
Excellence in Tax Effective Supply Chain Management
- Brian Gardner, Global Indirect Tax Senior Manager, Adobe Systems
Excellence in Tax Research
- Zach Thies, Trust Tax Officer, Dorsey & Whitney Trust Company LLC
Excellence in Tax Process Transformation
- Sheila Carlson, Senior Tax Analyst, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Excellence in Data Management
- Joe May, Director, Tax Compliance, VF Corporation
For more on the Taxologist Awards, head to Reuters site here.