Last month, from Nov. 17-19, the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants (VSCPA) held the 2014 VSCPA Leadership Academy for young professionals at the CPA Center in Glen Allen, Va.
The annual program is designed for young CPAs to observe leadership in today’s accounting world and benefit from other young leaders’ experiences.
Twenty-five young CPAs were selected to attend this year's event. To become eligible for the Leadership Academy, applicants must be 35 years old or younger, have a valid CPA license, currently be a member of the VSCPA, and have a minimum of three years’ experience within the CPA profession.
The following members of the VSCPA attended the 2014 Leadership Academy:
- Mary A. Altum, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Richmond
- Jon M. Aronson, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, McLean
- Darden Bell, Keiter, Glen Allen
- Brad J. Biondi, Cotton & Company, LLP, Alexandria
- Zachary L. Borgerding, Virginia Auditor of Public Accounts, Richmond
- Desiree Bryan, Meadows Urquhart Acree & Cook, LLP, Henrico
- Sarah E. DeVoe, Burdette Smith & Bish, LLC, Fairfax
- John H. Hagen, Jr., McGladrey, LLP, Richmond
- Donald M. Kaloski, Jr., Village Bank & Trust, Midlothian
- Rachel M. Klein, Yount, Hyde & Barbour, PC, Winchester
- Avneet K. Kohli, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, McLean
- David C. Lamb, Jr., DuvallWheeler, LLP, Manassas
- Kellie M. Mathis, Cotton & Company, LLP, Alexandria
- Krystal R. McCants, CST Group, CPAs, PC, Reston
- Danielle A. Nikolaisen, Dixon Hughes Goodman, LLP, Chester
- Ashley B. Phifer, Craver, Green and Company, P.L.C., Norfolk
- Megan J. Porter, Cotton & Company, LLP, Alexandria
- Daniel S. Robertson, Yount, Hyde & Barbour, PC, Richmond
- Courtney M. Rogers, Malvin, Riggins & Company, PC, Newport News
- Nadia A. Rogers, Creedle, Jones and Alga, PC, South Hill
- Kimberly A. Ruiz, LivingSocial, Washington
- Ashleigh E. Smith, E*trade Financial Corporation, Arlington
- Ashley M. Summers, PBMares, LLP, Harrisonburg
- Katherine Thomas, Grossberg Company, LLP, Bethesda, Md.
For more information on the VSCPA, head to their site here.