Unreported Name Changes May Delay Tax Refunds


The Internal Revenue Service is warning taxpayers to be sure to notify the Social Security Administration before they file their taxes if they have changed their own name or the name of one of their dependents has changed. Otherwise their tax refund could be delayed.

Get access to this article and thousands more...

All Accounting Today articles are archived after 7 days. REGISTER NOW for unlimited access to all recently archived articles, as well as thousands of searchable stories. Registered Members also gain access to exclusive industry white paper downloads, web seminars, podcasts, blog discussions, and conference discounts. Registered members may also choose to receive our exclusive Tax Pro Today e-newsletters covering the latest breaking news, opinions from industry leaders and developing trends.

Register now for FREE site access and more