The IRS has selected six new members for its Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council and seven new members for its Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee.
Both groups provide a public forum for IRS officials and representatives of the public to discuss tax administration issues. Members are selected to represent the taxpaying public, tax professionals, small and large businesses, academia, and the payroll community.
The six new IRSAC members join 14 returning members. Appointees are:
- Cheri Freeh, CPA and principal owner of Hutchinson, Gillahan & Freeh PC, in Quakertown, Pa.
- Jennifer MacMillan, EA, owner of Jennifer MacMillan EA, in Santa Barbara, Calif.
- Timothy McCormally, an attorney and director in the Washington national tax practice of KPMG LLP, in Washington.
- Helen Karakash, payroll director for Republic Services in Phoenix.
- Robert Bader, director of tax operations for the Baltimore CASH Campaign in Baltimore.
- Ronald Aucutt, attorney and partner with McGuireWoods LLP, in Tysons Corner, Va.
The new IRPAC appointees will join 13 returning members. Appointees are:
- Robert Birch, director of corporate tax at Wellmark Inc. in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Beatriz Castaneda, director client reporting at Charles Schwab & Co. in San Francisco.
- Ernesto Castro, manager of government relations at Ultimate Software Group Inc. in Santa Ana, Calif.
- Roseann Cutrone, tax counsel with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, in Washington.
- Carolyn Diehl, tax compliance officer and vice president with National Financial Services, a division of Fidelity Investments, in Jersey City, N.J.
- Michael Gangwer, associate tax advisor in the legal department of The Vanguard Group in Valley Forge, Pa.
- Darrell Granahan, vice president of payment at First Data Corp. in Omaha, Neb.