Danger on the WebCongratulations! You've finally set up a Web site, and now you're counting on it to help drive your firm's growth. Just be careful it doesn't drive your firm into the ground. Some pitfalls to avoid:
* No disclaimer. Essentially, no one should rely on your Web site for anything, and you need to let them know that up front.
* Be aware of intellectual property. Never assume that an application, software logo, image or anything else can be used without express permission.
* The law. Depending on your area of practice, there may be literally hundreds of laws that apply to your Web site. Make sure you know what they are.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access