Workplace stress is on the rise, and is a major factor in employee turnover. One way to manage stress is by avoiding it in the first place, by cutting down on uncertainty, overwork and that feeling of meaninglessness.* Give people specific, challenging, yet attainable goals. Two sure ways to raise staff blood pressure are the nebulous, impossible-to-achieve project, and the the pile of meaningless make-work.
* Measure productivity. If they know it's being measured, they know it matters - and how well they did.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access