AICPA announces 2017 'Standing Ovation' recipients
The American Institute of CPAs announced on Tuesday that 20 young CPAs have received the third annual Forensic and Valuation Services (FVS) Standing Ovation awards at the AICPA FVS Conference in Las Vegas.
The award recognizes young professionals for contributions made to accounting specialty areas, as well as their individual communities. Examples include heading a state CPA society, presenting at AICPA conferences, mentoring young colleagues, and volunteering in local nonprofit organizations.
“These energetic young CPAs are generating positive results in their practice areas and moving the accounting profession forward,” said Jeannette Koger, vice president of Advisory Services and Credentialing at AICPA, per a statement. “They are high performers in the specialty areas of forensic accounting and business valuation, and they provide exemplary service to their employers, peers, and communities.”
All 2017 Standing Ovation recipients either hold the Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) or Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) credential, with 30 percent holding both.
The 2017 FVS Standing Ovation recipients, in alphabetical order, are as follows:
- Howard Berkowitz - Berkeley Research Group, New York, N.Y.
- Joshua Downey - SC&H Group, Sparks, Md.
- Dan Etherton - Stout Risius Ross, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Bill Fellows - Deloitte, New York, N.Y.
- Alexander Gershner - StoneTurn, New York, N.Y.
- Jeremy Golnick - RSM US, Dallas, Texas
- Michael Haugen - HSNO Accountants, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- David Hern - Alvarez and Marsal, Suwanee, Ga.
- Lynsey Honegger - Davis & Hosfield Consulting, Chicago, Ill.
- Jessica Krushensky - Brinig Taylor Zimmer, Inc., San Diego, Calif.
- Frank Pina - Mercadien, Hamilton, N.J.
- B. Steven Purdy - Aronson, LLC, Rockville, Md.
- Graham Quast - MNP LLP, Edmonton, Alberta
- Avi Reichman - Frankel Reichman & Rizzo, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Marylee Robinson - Stout Risius Ross, Baltimore, Md.
- Scott Romans - Enderle Besten Dieruf, PLLC, Lexington, Ky.
- Megan Thompson - Thompson Accounting, San Jose, Calif.
- Ben Towne - Towne Advisory, San Jose, Calif.
- Amy Yurish - Veris Consulting, Reston, Va.
- Sacha Zadmehran - Hemming Morse, San Francisco, Calif.
For more information on the award, including how to apply or nominate, head to the AICPA's site here.