From client information to credit cards and even PINs and passwords, it’s hard to keep track of it all and keep it safe, which is why practitioners are discovering the Secret! encrypted storage app.
[IMGCAP(1)]Developed by LinkeSOFT, the Secret! app was created for all current mobile devices and platforms and can store all of your confidential data encrypted with a password of your choice.
The app offers free text entry; automatic encryption at power off or after timeout; a special TAN/OTP mode; and can be used as a standalone or with handheld-desktop synchronization.
More important is the encryption; Secret! uses the built-in standard AES encryption algorithm (AES-128 with 16 byte blocksize and PKCS5/PKCS7 padding). Secret! Desktop and MacSecret iPhone also use AES encrpytion when synchronizing with these devices or when using a local file (standalone usage).
[IMGCAP(2)]For those unaware, AES has become the de-facto standard for symmetric encryption and the cross-platform usage safeguards against implementation errors. All encryption algorithms used in the various Secret! variants are considered unbreakable and do not contain any known weaknesses. There are no backdoors or master passwords in Secret! so user data can only be decrypted with that user’s password.
The Secret! app can be downloaded and purchased for $6.99-$9.99, depending on your platform. Check with your app store of choice, or visit the LinkeSOFT site.
Missed any of the previous Apps of the Week? View them here:
- WhatsApp Messenger -- smartphone messenger
- FolderSync document and file storage
- Cloud Print -- printer access app
- Tempo Smart Calendar -- scheduling app
- Penultimate -- note taking/sharing app
- EchoSign -- eSignature app
- Jump Desktop -- remote desktop app
- Tweetbot -- Twitter app
- Boxer -- email app
- PrintCentral -- digital document printing app
- Save2PDF -- PDF creation app
- PDF Expert -- PDF editing and management app
- Scout GPS -- navigation app
- Timesheet -- time tracking app
- Cloud On -- MS Office app
- Super Note -- note-taker and reminder app
- Air Display -- dual monitor app
- Stickyboard 2 -- iPad whiteboarding app
- Digits Calculator -- calculator app with editable calculations
- LogMeIn -- computer remote control app
- Chrometa 4.0 -- phone time and email capture app
- Scanner Pro -- scan-from-a-mobile-device app
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access