The CCH Learning & Development Academy has launched its School of Tax.
The school, which provides tax practitioners the skills they need to be successful in today’s market, is the second professional development school offered by the Academy. The School of Audit program premiered in 2009.
“Our initial School of Audit offering was a great success,” said CCH senior manager of training and consulting Rhett Molitor in a statement. “We developed the School of Tax in response to the numerous requests we received from firms who identified a need for a structured, highly effective tax career development program and saw first-hand the many benefits our School of Audit program provided them.”
The CCH Learning & Development Academy combines technical tax and accounting, software and professional skills training into single, integrated, workflow intensive programs tailored for specific organizational roles. Program attendees participate in learning exercises that closely mirror their day-to-day responsibilities.
They work with real-world case studies and scenarios that engage them in complex thought and ensure a working knowledge of the subject matter. In addition, academy programs are led by dedicated instructors experienced in public accounting. Upon completion, attendees earn Continuing Professional Education credits and alumni receive access to CCH’s online community where they can collaborate with other professionals throughout their career.
The inaugural School of Tax program currently focuses on beginning tax practitioners (Level I), including new hires fresh out of college to staff with up to a year of experience. Additional levels will be added in the near future. The program is designed to prepare staff members in the following areas common to first-year tax preparers:
• Professional expectations for the public accounting industry and for entry-level staff.
• Understanding the tax preparation process; from the initial receipt of workpapers, to proper documentation, to managing preparer and review notes.
• Comprehension of tax law fundamentals with understanding of most common areas, i.e., wages, interest, rental and passthrough income, itemized deductions and common credits.
• Case studies revolving around common Individual and business tax return situations, including self-guided preparation of an Individual tax return.
• User training and tips for ProSystem fx Tax, as well as the basics of Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PDFlyer, using accounting-related examples.
For more information, visit http://www.CCHGroup.com/Academy.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access