CPA firms have made significant strides in improving their website designs and functionality, according to Skoda Minotti Strategic Marketing’s 2016 Website Audit of 133 firms in the U.S.
The audit, the second annual produced by the full-service marketing firm, provided detailed analysis of the firms based on more than 20 metrics it examined.
Some results from the audit included:
- An increase in responsive website design, nearly doubling from the 38 percent of websites that implemented it in 2015, to 68 percent this year.
- More blogs on websites in 2016, up from 65 percent in 2015 to 86 percent in 2016, with 71 percent of websites featuring an active blog.
- The number of sites promoting premium content also increased, to nearly 50 percent in 2016, up from 15 percent last year.
- Only 19 percent of sites utilize paid search as a promotional channel.
The full 12-page 2016 CPA Website Audit survey is available here, and Skoda Minotti will be announcing details of an upcoming Association for Accounting Marketing webinar analyzing the results soon.
"The results of the audit demonstrate that the top CPA firms in the country are all starting to leverage inbound marketing strategies as meaningful part of their marketing strategies,” stated Jonathan Ebenstein, partner and managing director of Skoda Minotti Strategic Marketing. “More CPA firms are driving traffic to their sites by utilizing multiple tools and channels available to them. Firms that are not yet providing responsive design, optimizing social media channels, and delivering quality content will not be able to keep pace with their competitors. We also see opportunity for CPA firms to improve their lead generation efforts with more paid search and premium content.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access