EY and EMC, provider of IT information security, visualization, analytics, cloud computing and data storage technologies, announced a strategic alliance to provide clients with tools and service offerings for their strategic initiatives and technology implementations.
The alliance will create collaboration, innovation, and joint offerings and activities across the relevant EMC product lines and EY practice areas, including: hybrid cloud enablement, data center network virtualization and segmentation, enterprise mobility management, governance risk & compliance and cybersecurity services.
EY firms have previously worked with EMC to provide sector-focused capabilities to clients across multiple industries, including the EY Insurance Nexus offering, which helps insurance carriers mitigate core insurance operations and support functions to the cloud.
With this alliance, EY and EMC introduced the offering Isolated Recovery, which protects company data from cyber-attacks by combining cyber, business impact analysis, resiliency services and technology capabilities from both EMC and EY firms. Isolated Recovery provides an environment and workflows to stage data in an isolated recovery zone and processes for monitoring the integrity of data and procedures for recovery and remediation.
Other combined offerings under this alliance include:
- Hybrid cloud enablement services combining management and monitoring for public, private and legacy data center with cloud environments
- Data center network visualization and segmentation services—network architecture to help enterprises consolidate and simplify their data center strategies
- Enterprise mobility management and end user computing platform, a suite of enterprise mobility technologies focused on architecture and integrated business workflows
- Services for system and data archiving, recover, business continuity and crisis responses to protect against data loss
- Offerings to extract additional value from data and analytics investments using EMC’s Pivotal suite
- Sector-focused governance, risk and compliance offerings supported by the RSA Archer GRC platform
- A spectrum of offerings in cybersecurity, including Identity Access Management Monitoring for single sign-on, role and privilege management, and Real Time Monitoring of events to reduce IT risk
“This alliance, which builds on years of collaborative experience, combines our knowledge of business operations with EMC’s experience in the technical environment in which our clients operate to deliver a powerful proposition,” stated Mark Weinberger, global chairman and CEO of EY. “Working together as an integrated team, combining advisory services and innovative products, we will be able to connect on both existing and future initiatives to help our clients maximize their technology investments and drive better business outcomes. The alliance will further expand EY’s digital capabilities and range of services offered to clients.”
“The EY alliance is a top priority for EMC. The skills, brand, relationships, and subject matter experience of EY, combined with EMC’s innovative portfolio of technologies and market penetration, will help enable us to continue to support our enterprise customers as they accelerate their IT transformation initiatives,” stated Jay Snyder, senior vice president of global alliances at EMC Corporation. “Additionally, we are focused on a set of industry specific offers leveraging EY's deep knowledge and our platforms to deliver business contextual solutions for our clients and incremental revenue to both companies.”
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access