The International Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce has named KPMG International, the global network of professional service firms providing audit, tax and advisory services, as international corporation of the year for its diversity and inclusion initiatives.
The award is presented to businesses that demonstrate leadership, support and commitment to the IGLCC and to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities on an international level.
KPMG member firms have created programs including:
* Networks: Several member firms established affinity groups for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender partners and employees, including KPMG in the U.K., which launched the Breathe network in 2002; KPMG in the U.S., which founded pride
* Training: Diversity Awareness Training Sessions covering LGBT issues and tailored specifically for audiences including staff, managers and partners.
* Surveys: KPMG regularly conducts employee surveys both on a global and national level designed to engage various demographic groups so that it can continue to develop a culture of inclusiveness.
"KPMG's support of the IGLCC comes at a time when understanding the relevance of equal policies and practices has an international urgency," said Pascal Lepine, secretary general of the IGLCC.
(c) 2009 Accounting Today and SourceMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access