Illinois CPA Society holds 2018 'Internship Preparation' program
The Illinois CPA Society announced this week that over two dozen minority accounting students from local colleges and universities participated in this year's Mary T. Washington Wylie Internship Preparation Program, held earlier this month in Chicago.
The program, which includes three days of training and mentoring to best prepare students for today's internships, honors Mary T. Washington Wylie, the first African-American female CPA in the country.
Firms including each of the Big Four, Abbott, Crowe Horwath, Grant Thornton, and Sikich gave informative sessions during the program, as well as interviewing applicants for internship positions. Participating students also received a $500 scholarship, funded by donations to the CPA Endowment Fund of Illinois’ Mary T. Washington Wylie Opportunity Fund.
The 2018 Mary T. Washington Wylie Internship Preparation Program graduates are as follows:
- Andrew Allen - Judson University
- David Ascencio - Aurora University
- Rosalia Avila - Governors State University
- Guadalupe Belmonte - Dominican University
- Bresha Black - Governors State University
- Leslie Clottey - University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Tito Cruz - Northern Illinois University
- Indira Escalante - Trinity Christian College
- Shazia Fatima - Harper College
- Daniela Griffin - Governors State University
- Maira Gutierrez - Governors State University
- Samson Hailu Harold - Washington College
- Benjamin Hamgeri - College of DuPage
- Chakya Kessouagni - Triton College
- George Matamoros - Triton College
- Robert Navarro - Governors State University
- Rudy Ochoa - Bradley University
- Abisola Oladigbo - University of Illinois, Chicago
- Osama Osaghae - Northern Illinois University
- Janae Reliford - Western Illinois University
- Mia Shah - Illinois State University
- Zaria Ward - Southern Illinois University
- Briana Williams - Kishwaukee College
- Tyler Wong - University of Illinois, Chicago
- Briseida Yanez - Western Illinois University
For more on the program, head to the Illinois CPA Society's site here.