The Institute of Management Accountants has established a Small Business Financial and Regulatory Affairs Committee to address issues of interest to small companies and their accountants.
The committee will provide input into the development of accounting standards, interpretations and other requirements. Members will also offer their insights into proposals, research studies and pending legislation, as these issues pertain to small businesses. A kick-off meeting will take place in March.
"As an advocate for accounting professionals and the industry, the IMA has created this committee to help small businesses thrive and succeed by supporting their financial reporting and operations," said Paul A. Sharman, president and CEO of the IMA, in a statement.
Members of the committee include:
* I. Andre Alexander - chief financial and operating officer, CFED, Washington, D.C.
* Jeffrey H. Foster - chief accounting officer, DuPont Fabros Technology, Washington, D.C.
* Michael Glenn - chief financial officer/vice president, Birmingham, Hide & Tallow Co. Inc., Birmingham, Ala.
* Cindy Stark-Jones - B.R. Jones Roofing Co., Stratham, N.H.
* Oscar Lewis - controller, Umbra Cuscinetti, Everett, Wash.
* Mike Nwogugu - senior vice president of corporate governance and strategic planning, Chamco Auto, Parsippany, N.J.
* Marc Palker - managing director, Madison Davis Professional Services LLC, Babylon, N.Y.
* Bruce Pounder - president, Leveraged Logic, Asheville, N.C.
* F. Richard Ricketts - director of finance, Snohomish County Workforce Development Council, Everett, Wash.
* Mitch Roop - consultant, Mitch Roop Inc., Tampa, Fla.
* Jim Smith - vice president and CFO, Phonon Corp., Simsbury, Conn.
* J. Don Warren - director of masters of accountancy in financial accounting, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, N.J.
* Charna Watts - controller, Soil Stabilization Products Co. Inc., Merced, Calif.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access