Intuit debuts QuickBooks Desktop 2019
Intuit has debuted QuickBooks Desktop 2019 (QBD), adding several new features and updates to existing features. The highlight is an effort to make backing up data easier and more foolproof, a major pain point for users of the desktop software in the past.
While online accounting software is becoming more popular, Intuit still believes QuickBooks Desktop to be the “easiest and most productive QuickBooks ever,” Aditya Dixit, senior project manager for QBD, told Accounting Today.
The main feature updates are as follows:
- Intuit data protect has been improved to allow users to back up data more efficiently. The feature now automatically backs up data faster, and provides actionable messaging of backup failures to help improve reliability.
- The invoice status tracker, which provides real-time visibility into invoice statuses at-a-glance, now allows users to expedite collections. The feature now shows accountants whether a client has viewed an invoice, and gives visibility along the entire invoice journey.
- The new transfer credits feature allows users to transfer customer credits across jobs.
- Check to bill pay provides visibility into unpaid vendor bills to help manage payments. QuickBooks now prompts and guides users to link their checks with open bills, showing open bills for a specific vendor to provide quick access.
- Data file optimization allows accountants to reduce the size of company files by about 30 percent without deleting older records, and helps to improve file reliability.
- A new report, inactive items in inventory, has been added to allow users to include or exclude inactive inventory items.
- An improved IIF (the proprietary QuickBooks file format) importing feature checks the data before importing it and generates a report of issues if the import fails. Previously, users would not get a report of which data was or was not successfully imported, which could lead to corrupted files in the future.
- The pick, pack and ship feature, which is available for the QBD Enterprise Platinum Edition only, manages the sales order fulfillment process from a central dashboard or mobile device. This feature has been enhanced for the 2019 release.
QuickBooks Desktop software starts at $179.95. For more information, click here.