Seven new members – including four CPAs and an Enrolled Agent – have been named to Internal Revenue Service Advisory Council, a public forum for IRS officials and representatives of the public to discuss issues in tax administration.
Appointed to three-year terms on the council were:
- Antonio Gonzalez, CPA, founder and co-owner of Sydel Corp. in Coral Gables, Fla., an accounting and IT consulting firm for multiple organizations.
- Charles Read, CPA and founder and CEO of Custom Payroll Associates Inc. in Lewisville, Texas. He leads business development, strategy and operations for a BTB payroll and tax-processing company.
- Martin Rule, a CPA and senior manager with Deloitte Tax in Chicago. He is an expert in tax management and payroll processing, with a range of knowledge stemming from employment with academic institutions, private tax practitioner businesses and healthcare institutions. He is also a part-time tax instructor at DePaul University.
- Jeffrey Schneider, an EA and a vice president with SFS Tax & Accounting Services in Port St. Lucie, Fla. His company handles all areas of tax for multiple types of taxpayers.
- Patricia Thompson, a CPA and tax partner with Piccerelli, Gilstein & Co. in Providence, R.I. She has experience in such tax transactions as multi-state returns, real estate transactions and like-kind exchanges; she is also a member of the AICPA Tax Reform Task Force.
- Ben Deneka, an industry operations liaison with H&R Block in Pittsburgh, where he manages Block’s relationship with the IRS and represents Block in various industry working groups. He is also Block’s business owner for the IRS online service’s “Where’s My Refund?” application programming interface pilot.
- Diana Erbsen, a tax partner at DLA Piper in New York. She represents business entities, individuals and trusts and estates in federal, state, local, civil and criminal tax controversies.
The 2018 IRSAC chairman is Dr. Dennis Ventry, professor of law at the University of California-Davis, School of Law in Davis, Calif.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access