* BizHat.com - http://jokes.bizhat.comA joke site with a whole section devoted to accounting. If those hit a little too close to home, try the lawyer jokes.
* Dilbert.com - www.dilbert.com
Just about any one who works will appreciate Scott Adams' popular comic strip about an engineer who works at a high-tech company.
* 'How Long Is It?' - www.trygve.com/taxcode.html
Bodybuilder and tech enthusiast Trygve Lode offers a humorous take on the question of just how long the U.S. Tax Code actually is, featuring a roundup of conflicting similes from many members of Congress. It's definitely bigger than a breadbox.
* SOX Humor, Jokes and Games - www.sox-online.com/sox-humor.html
Who knew there was so much SOX-related humor out there? This page on the SOX Online site contains a huge amount.
* SOX Truth or
Consequences - www.fscn.com/polak/qa/
Believe it or not, someone has made a game about Sarbanes-Oxley, in the format of the old Truth or Consequences. While the format is fun, the game actually requires some serious knowledge.
* Tax Analysts' Tax History Project - www.taxhistory.org
Tax Analysts' history project produced this fun and informative site detailing the history of American taxation. The free site offers a tax museum with a documented account of the nation's tax history, tax cartoons, past presidents' tax returns, tax history discussions and feature stories. The site even has an archive where visitors can see historic tax editorial cartoons.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access