Rea & Associates donates over 29K lbs. of food
Since its inception, the campaign has collected over 225,000 pounds of food to be donated to local food pantries and non-profits across Ohio.
“Through generosity and compassion, the employees of Rea & Associates have proven their strong commitment to our communities and to the Rea Way,” stated Tiffany Frame, HR generalist and the campaign's 2016 coordinator. “The food and dollars raised will have a great impact on our friends and neighbors in need.”
“Rea’s Help Can Hunger food drive is probably one of the most anticipated firm events every year,” said Don McIntosh, Rea’s CEO, per a statement. “It’s so inspiring to see our people step up to make a difference in this way, not because they have to but because they genuinely want to. Investing and giving back to our community has always been one of our core values and I’m proud to see that this value continues to resonate.”
The firm also holds a friendly competition between their offices based on who donated the most pounds of food per person. The top three offices won an additional donation from The Rea Foundation, which is then donated to a food pantry of the winners' choice. This year, Rea's Cambridge, Zanesville, and Dublin offices finished first to third, respectively.
The following organizations were recipients of the 2016 "Help Can Hunger" campaign:
- Guernsey County Senior Service Center (Cambridge, Ohio)
- Christ’s Table (Zanesville, Ohio)
- Dublin Food Pantry and Blessings in a Backpack (Dublin, Ohio)
- Millersburg Church of God (Millersburg)
- Christian Corner Community Center (Lima, Ohio)
- West Ohio Food Bank (Lima, Ohio)
- Marietta Community Food Pantry (Marietta, Ohio)
- Salvation Army of Wooster (Wooster, Ohio)
- Medina County Battered Women’s Shelter (Medina, Ohio)
- Share-A-Christmas and the Greater Dover-New Philadelphia Food Pantry (New Philadelphia, Ohio)
- Saint Gabriel Food Pantry (Mentor, Ohio)
For more on Rea and their community efforts, head to the firm's site here.