Large companies in the United States are getting better at managing potentially critical business risks, according to a new study.
A survey of 150 senior-level executives by Protiviti, a provider of risk consulting and auditing services, found that 53 percent of them perceive their companies to be very good at managing risks. On the other hand, that left 47 percent of them who don't feel that way.
In the financial services and real estate sectors, the top concern in terms of risk was the financial markets.
Among the companies that rated themselves as not very effective at risk management, 77 percent plan to make at least some changes to their risk management abilities over the next two years, while another 14 percent plan to make significant changes.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access