DIY tax software provider TaxAct has released its new tools for tax year 2016, including a new product.
New this tax season is BluPrint Financial Assessment, which will give customers the option to receive financial guidance and information throughout the year. Interested customers can receive a complimentary BluPrint report containing an analysis of their return. The tool is touted to provide opportunities for users to reduce their tax bill for the following year.
BluPrint “is the first of many tools we expect to launch this season and in the upcoming year to help Americans chart their financial course,” company chief operating officer Rob Gettemy said in a statement.
TaxAct offers digital and download tax preparation solutions, and the options are TaxAct 2016 Free, Plus or Premium. New features for the 2017 filing season include:
- Expanded W2 import options. Filers can now automatically import salary information directly from their employer straight into their TaxAct return. TaxAct Online customers can import a portable document format (PDF) file of their W2.
- Redesigned mobile app. TaxAct Express is a tool for filers to prepare simple returns on their mobile phone or tablet. Filers can now use their mobile device to take a photograph of their W2 and upload it directly into their return.
- Personalized income interview. TaxAct now offers a new streamlined interview based on income earned throughout the year.
- Unlimited support. Filers can access TaxAct’s tax professionals via phone or email for tax and technical help at no additional charge, no matter which TaxAct product they use.
- Prior-year online return access. TaxAct Online customers, including those eligible to file simple federal (1040EZ/A) and state returns for free, can review and print their TaxAct 2016 return for seven years after filing, for no charge.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access