* STRONG RESPONSE TO STOCK OPTION, SON OF BOSS INITIATIVES: The executive stock option settlement initiative launched in February has received a strong turnout, according to the Internal Revenue Service. The initiative provided corporate executives and their companies with a means to resolve an abusive tax transaction involving the transfer of stock options to family-controlled partnerships.
"When we announced this initiative in February, we wanted to give corporations and executives a chance to turn the page and make things right," said IRS Commissioner Mark W. Everson. "The vast majority of those involved chose to come forward under the settlement's tough terms. The response reflects higher standards for corporate governance and less tolerance for abusive tax transactions."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access