* MICROSOFT LAUNCHES DYNAMICS AX 4.0: Microsoft Corp. has unveiled its North American launch of Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0, an automated and streamlined business management tool. Unveiled at the recent TechEd 2006 conference in Boston, Dynamics AX 4.0 contains a number of upgrades and enhancements, such as RFID, Web Services and a role-based user experience, designed for increased flexibility and visibility for businesses. A new service-management function automates manufacturing service processes, enabling efficient scheduling of servicing of complex machines and equipment on a periodic or call-initiated basis.Ray Ozzie, Microsoft's chief technical officer, said that Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 is a composite application, using Web Services to span the boundaries between structured and unstructured data from different sources, and tying together formal processes with ad hoc workflows. Ozzie said that that capability enables Microsoft Dynamics AX to work across multiple systems to show a complete view of a customer's business processes.
* VK DIVESTS RESELLING UNIT: Midwestern super-regional CPA and business advisory firm Virchow Krause, which has been on a merger and acquisition tear over the past several months, particularly in the Chicago and Detroit markets, has sold its Virchow Krause Technology Solutions arm to that unit's management team, led by president Steve Krueger and vice president Joe Huettner.
VKTS, which generates just under $2 million in annual sales, sells Sage's MAS 90, BusinessWorks and Peachtree lines.
* CYMA PROMOTES MERRYMAN: Accounting software developer Cyma Systems, publisher of the Cyma Accounting for Windows product suite, has elevated Sheila Merryman to the post of vice president of operations. A five-year veteran of the company, she most recently served as director of product development.
* SAGE AND CITRIX PARTNER IN SMB ALLIANCE: Citrix Systems Inc., a provider of access infrastructure software and products, and small business and accounting software publisher Sage Software have formed a marketing alliance.
Under the partnership, the Citrix GoToMyPC remote access service and Citrix GoToMeeting Web-conferencing service will be available to Sage MAS ERP, Sage Accpac ERP, Sage BusinessWorks, Sage PFW and Sage BusinessVision customers.
The Citrix services will enable Sage Software customers to access desktop content and have real-time collaboration. Citrix GoToMyPC allows users to securely access desktop applications from a Web browser. Sage Software customers will be able to activate a free trial subscription of GoToMyPC Personal or GoToMyPC Pro, and will benefit from a special subscription rate. Interested Sage Software customers can visit www.gotomypc.com/sageoffer.
* PROTIVITI, ORACLE TEAM IN COMPLIANCE PACT: Risk management and audit services consulting concern Protiviti Inc. has teamed with Oracle to provide companies with an integrated compliance solution that leverages its consulting experience with Oracle applications and technology.
Terms were not disclosed.
Protiviti, a certified partner in the Oracle PartnerNetwork, is assisting companies with compliance and controls effectiveness through implementing Oracle applications and technologies, including Oracle Internal Controls Manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise applications, Oracle Identity Management and Oracle Database Vault. That effort is aligned with Oracle's strategic Global Compliance Initiative, which provides executives with the ability to monitor and control how information is being used, shared, duplicated or disseminated across multiple environments.
"Organizations increasingly face complex regulatory requirements that significantly impact business processes and IT infrastructure," said Robert Shimp, vice president of Oracle's Global Technology Business Unit, in a statement. "By working together with Protiviti, we are helping customers address these challenges by integrating compliance, security and risk solutions into business processes. Key technologies such as Oracle Database Vault, which helps protect against insider threat, together with Protiviti's proven expertise in compliance processes, allow us to deliver cost-effective, sustainable solutions."
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access