Now that tax season is over, you may be thinking of growing your practice through an acquisition.While it certainly remains a buyer's market, smart buyers make sure that they have worked through the following points.
1. Understand why you want to acquire a firm. If it does not fit your strategic plan, you need to step back and revisit your objectives. Ask yourself how the acquisition will strengthen your core competencies. Most acquisitions that take a firm in a new direction fail to produce the desired economic results. If you cannot articulate how the transaction will make the firm economically better, it might be better to walk away.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access