I'm curious - any CPAs or accountants out there have tattoos? If so, does your firm know and how did they find out?
We posed this question on Facebook and only one person responded. (Only one person? Come on, either you all are really conservative or just not telling.) The brave Mandy Allen posted this response: "Yes. Only one is visible at work. My old firm (Big Four) was not okay with it at all and required it to be bandaged. My new firm is fine with it showing, but has told me I cannot have another tattoo that is visible. I've never had an issue with a client or a peer regarding it."
That's one story. What's yours? And while you're at it, tell me this - do you think clients would take you less seriously because of that chosen marking on your skin? Or would others be drawn by it?
In other news, ever heard of the social bookmarking site Delicious? We got schooled in the savvy service that allows users to tag, save, manage and share Web pages from a centralized source.
Want more? OK, we got more:
* Cheers to RSM McGladrey employees in the Great Plains region for raising $42,000 for the Special Olympics. They presented a check to the organization on the day founder Eunice Shriver died.
* Congrats to Dennis Reigle, director of academic and career development at the American Institute of CPAs, who received the President's Award from Beta Alpha Psi, and to Marilu Cruz, who also won an award. Cruz, a junior at the University of Washington, received hers because of her work to overcome extreme hardship and gain a high level of success despite adversity. For more, go to www.accountingtomorrow.com.
Know someone who is an inspiration - or has a pretty cool tattoo peaking out of that button-down? Let us know at tomorrow
(c) 2009 Accounting Today and SourceMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access