The Virginia Society of CPAs held its 2017 VSCPA Leadership Academy from Nov. 13–15, at the CPA Center in Glen Allen, with 24 invited young professionals in attendance.
The program featured discussions on managing the modern working environment and gave young leaders a chance to connect. The two-day program also focused on how to utilize leadership and leadership skills to better the future of the CPA profession.
Eligible Leadership Academy candidates must be 35 years old or younger, have a valid CPA license, be a current member of the VSCPA, and have a minimum of three years’ experience within the CPA profession.
The following VSCPA members attended the 2017 Leadership Academy, in alphabetical order:
- William Barber, Jr. – Foundation Companies, Fredericksburg
- Ashley Benson Kositzka – Wicks & Company, Alexandria
- Brooke Bostwick – CST Group CPAs, Reston
- Amanda Dombrowski – Cotton & Company, Alexandria
- William Edmunds Jr. – PBMares, Newport News
- Christopher Elliott – Cotton & Company, Alexandria
- Erica Jordan – RyanSharkey, Reston
- Ahmad Khan – Cotton & Company, Alexandria
- Nicholas Kinsler – WellsColeman, Richmond
- Theresa Leon – PBMares, Norfolk
- Caitlin Messina – Malvin, Riggins & Company, Newport News
- David Mitchell – Meadows Urquhart Acree & Cook, Henrico
- Erin Moone – Cotton & Company, Alexandria
- Conor O’Brien – Associated General Contractors of America, Arlington
- Kaitlyn Parry – RyanSharkey, Reston
- Michael Rinehart – Deloitte & Touche, Richmond
- Ryan Sherman – RSM US, Richmond
- Stephen Smark – PBMares, Newport News
- Brian Soule – Cotton & Company, Alexandria
- John Stapleton – Capital One Financial Corporation, Richmond
- Laura Storke – Deloitte & Touche, McLean
- Benjamin Vaughan – Yount, Hyde & Barbour, Richmond
- LaKrisha Watson – Dixon Hughes Goodman, Richmond
- Natalia Weckworth – RyanSharkey, Reston
For more on the VSCPA, head to their site here.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access