Keeping up with taxes
* IRS E-News Subscriptions - www.irs.gov/newsroom
Subscribe to all the advance copies of tax guidance and national and federal tax news a tax practitioner could ever want. Newsletters are also available for specialized categories.
* Joint Committee on Taxation - www.house.gov/jct/
The site for Congress' advisory committee, which monitors tax policy and estimates the impact of proposed changes.
* SmartMoney Tax Guide - http://smartmoney.com/tax/
Coverage on just about every "what-if" tax scenario the authors could think of. The site is strong on investment and long-term planning questions, as well as tackling the alternative minimum tax.
* Tax and Accounting Sites Directory - www.taxsites.com/
This one-page index unfolds to reveal a vast number of links to dozens of tax and accounting topics.
* Tax Foundation Podcast - www.taxfoundation.org/podcast
The Tax Foundation, a nonpartisan tax research group, has launched a new weekly podcast that can be downloaded directly from its Web site, or simply read as an old-fashioned transcript.
* TaxMama - www.taxmama.com
Run by accountant Eva Rosenberg, the site is designed to help clients better understand their own tax issues and communicate with their tax professional. Besides a regular "Ask Tax Mama" feature, Rosenberg's site offers a weekly podcast, newsletters for tax professionals and clients, and archived articles.
* TaxProf Blog - http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/
Updated by Paul Caron, a professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law, the TaxProf Blog is a member of the law professor blogs network. While focused on tax law, Caron's site presents a daily mix of news and commentary targeted at both academics and practitioners.
* The United States Tax Court - www.ustaxcourt.gov/
This site has issued opinions from the U.S. Tax Court dating back to 1999, as well as forms, fee schedules and case timetables.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access