* Adobe Systems Inc. - www.adobe.comBefore you hit the IRS site or the state tax authorities for forms and publications, you'll want to stop here to get Adobe's Acrobat Reader, since those forms and publications are often formatted as PDFs.
* Fax-Tax Systems - www.faxtax.com
Fax-Tax Systems is an electronic filing service bureau developed to assist tax practitioners who are not yet ready to make the investment in e-filing hardware and software themselves.
* IRS E-News Subscriptions - www.irs.gov/newsroom/content/0,,id=103381,00.html
Subscribe to all the advance copies of tax guidance and national and federal tax news a tax practitioner could ever want.
* TaxAlmanac - www.taxalmanac.org
The beta version of Intuit's free online tax research Web site enables practitioners to post questions and answers.
* Tax Code Online - www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/
You can search through the most recent version of our mammoth tax code on this page, which is maintained by Cornell University.
* Tax Foundation Podcast - www.taxfoundation.org/podcast
The Tax Foundation, a nonpartisan tax research group, has launched a weekly podcast that can be downloaded directly from its Web site, or simply read as an old-fashioned transcript.
* TaxPenalty.com - www.payrollpenalty.com/
This site takes advantage of the revised tax laws, which now allow businesses to challenge the way the Internal Revenue Service calculates deposit penalties. The site, developed by Time Value Software, offers alternative calculation models for businesses to use, which could significantly lower the amount they owe the government.
* The United States Tax Court - www.ustaxcourt.gov/
Issued opinions from the U.S. Tax Court dating back to 1999 are easily accessible from the site, which also includes forms, fee schedules and case timetables.
Register or login for access to this item and much more
All Accounting Today content is archived after seven days.
Community members receive:
- All recent and archived articles
- Conference offers and updates
- A full menu of enewsletter options
- Web seminars, white papers, ebooks
Already have an account? Log In
Don't have an account? Register for Free Unlimited Access