AICPA names 24 recipients of 2016 Two-Year Transfer Scholarship awards
The AICPA announced on Monday that 24 students have been selected for this year's AICPA Foundation Two-Year Transfer Scholarship award. The scholarship is awarded to students transferring from a two-year institution to a four-year institution to achieve a degree in accounting.
Each recipient will be awarded $5,000 for the 2016-2017 academic year, with funding provided by the AICPA Foundation.
“Every year, many accounting students transfer from two-year colleges to four-year universities,” stated Joanne Fiore, AICPA vice president of professional media, academic and student engagement. “The AICPA Foundation Two-Year Transfer Scholarship aims to recognize these outstanding students for their achievements, and provide them with resources and mentorship as they work to earn a CPA license.”
The 2016-2017 AICPA Foundation Two-Year Transfer Scholarship award recipients are as follows, in alphabetical order:
- Brenda Bahena - Henderson State University
- Aziz Bourslia - Cleveland State University
- Paige Eggers - State University of Iowa
- Kaylee Ewing - University of Georgia
- Patricia Fairchild - Portland State University
- William Gonzales-Calixto - University of Central Florida
- Hayden Guild - Western Michigan University
- Yolanda Gulley - Middle Tennessee State University
- Bartosz Kozmic - Northern Illinois University
- Landon Leisek - Utah State University
- Meiyu Li - Suffolk University
- Voltan Lipo - Western Connecticut State University
- Joshua Margowski - Northern Illinois University
- Teri Moreland - Wiley College
- Cesar Ordonez - Rutgers University
- Michael Schlag - SUNY New Paltz
- Asseta Seogo - Philadelphia University
- Nadja Skuljic - University of Missouri - St. Louis
- Jaime Sneade - California State University - East Bay
- Joseph Sterling - Grand Valley State University
- Sache Thomas - The University of NC at Charlotte
- Jessica Valandingham - Arizona State University
- Alex Villa - University of North Texas
- Willow Waldock - University of Nebraska
The Two-Year Transfer Scholarship award is one of four scholarships offered through the AICPA Legacy Scholars program. AICPA Legacy Scholarship applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and complete at least 30 semester hours in college-level coursework, with at least six semester hours in accounting. A group of AICPA Student Recruitment Committee members and CPA volunteers select award recipients based on academic achievement, leadership, volunteerism, and dedication to becoming a CPA.
The deadline for the 2017-2018 AICPA Legacy Scholarship application period is April 1, 2017. For more on the Legacy Scholars Program, head to the This Way to CPA's site here.