On Wednesday, marketing coaching and consulting firm ConvergenceCoaching released their 2015 Anytime, Anywhere Work Survey results. The survey sought to collect information about "the adoption of flexible work initiatives within public accounting firms."
Convergence saw a 57% increase in participation this year, with 155 distinct firms responding. 70% of respondents were either Firm Administrators or Human Resource professionals.
Overall, firms continued to indicate that they are moving away from the traditional time ("when we work") and place ("where we work") paradigm, with flexibility of the work place seeing the most progress.
Survey highlights include:
- 97% of the firms surveyed offer flexible work arrangements like late start, part-time, 4-day work weeks, etc.
- 36% of firms no longer mandate Saturday work during busy season, while 56% still mandate Saturday work.
- 43% of firms have implemented performance measures for staff that are not based on time (up from 39% in 2014).
- 92% of firms responding offer a work-from-home program (up from 77% in 2014).
- 33% of respondents close their offices for all or part of Fridays during the summer (up from 27% in 2014).
64% of the respondents working in a large (21 74 CPAs) or major firm (75+ CPAs). 23% work in medium firms, and 19% work in small firms, as well as one Big 4 respondent.
For the full survey results, head to ConvergenceCoaching's site here.