Oregon Society of CPAs sponsor first statewide 'Day of Service'
The Oregon Society of CPAs (OSCPA) recently held their first statewide CPA Day of Service, held September 23 & 24. Sponsored by the Society, the Day of Service saw Oregon CPAs serve local communities and raise awareness of the CPA profession.
71 CPAs representing 13 firms and businesses participated in the event, and volunteered their time organizations around Oregon and southwest Washington.
Participants and their places of volunteering include:
- Alten Sakai - Oregon Food Bank, Beaverton
- Laura Baker of Bjorklund & Montplaisir - La Salle High School Walkathon, Milwaukie
- Dee Clingan of Clingan Accounting & Tax Services - SCORE (Service Core of Retired Executives)
- Lisa Wood of Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission - Avamere Clackamas Assisted Living Facility
- Deloitte (11 volunteers) – SOLVE (Beach & Riverside Cleanup)
- Grove, Mueller, & Swank (13 volunteers) - Marion-Polk Food Share
- Gulde & Ortquist (13 volunteers) - SnowCap Community Charities
- Hough MacAdam Wartnik Fisher & Gorman (6 volunteers) - Egyptian Theatre
- Jacolyn C Wheatley CPA (4 volunteers) – Qcenter
- Tim Downing of Lovett & Corzatt - Multnomah County Rural Fire Protection District #14, Corbett
- McDonald Jacobs (9 volunteers) - Oregon Food Bank, Portland
Founded in 1908, the Oregon Society of CPAs currently oversees approximately 4,500 members. For more information, head to the Society's site here.